Annual Ice Sculpture Festival is January 22-23 in downtown Tecumseh
Tecumseh is gearing up for its second annual Ice Sculpture Festival on Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 22 and 23. More than 24 sculptures will be on display during the weekend for viewing.
Ice carving will begin at 10 a.m. on Saturday, with dueling carving competitions to begin at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday as well.
Other activities for the downtown event will include: a chili cook-off for amateurs and professionals with tastings at downtown restaurants; lost arts demonstrations in the Roof Top Café at the British Tea Garden; and a “Man Cave” at Evans Street Station. There will also be bell choir performances throughout the weekend, as well as snowman displays, ice-skating at Adams Park, and many other activities.
Schedule of events:
Saturday, January 22nd Events:
• 8 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. “All-U-Can Eat” Breakfast Buffet 423-3526 Tecumseh American Legion, 101 W. Pottawatamie St.
• 9 a.m. - noon “Thrums” Knitting Workshop at the Yarn Basket Featuring how to use thrums in making mittens.
• 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Ice Hockey Interactive Activity, downtown.
• 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Ice Sculpture Carving Demonstrations, downtown Tecumseh Chicago Blvd. and North & South Evans St.
• 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. Bell Choir Performance at Carpet on Wheels, 119 W. Chicago Blvd. Featuring Bethel United Church of Christ
• 11 a.m. Dueling Ice Sculpture Carving Competitions, downtown
• 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Interactive Putt Putt Golf, downtown
• 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Bell Choir Performance at Carpet on Wheels, 119 W. Chicago Blvd. Featuring Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
• 1 p.m.– 4 p.m. Tecumseh American Legion Auxiliary Bake Sale and FREE book give-away, Tecumseh American Legion, 101 W. Pottawatamie St. Stop by for a yummy bake sale item! Plus ... bring the kids to pick out a Free Hard Cover Scholastic Book. Coffee and hot chocolate will be available for purchase.
• 1 p.m Dueling Ice Sculpture Carving Competitions, downtown
• 1:30 p.m. Amateur Level Chili Cook-Off
Tecumseh American Legion, 101 W. Pottawatamie St. Deliver your chili entry for the competition; 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. Amateur Level judging 3:30 p.m. Amateur Level awards presented.
• 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Chili Cook-Off tasting at Downtown Restaurants Tasting for the public to enjoy! (Professional Restaurant Level)
• 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Bell Choir Performance at Carpet on Wheels,119 W. Chicago Blvd. Featuring Tecumseh United Methodist Church.
• 4 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. Bell Choir Performance at Carpet on Wheels,119 W. Chicago Blvd. Featuring Tecumseh First Presbyterian Church.
Sunday, January 23rd Events:
Noon - 4 p.m. Chocolate Walk - Visit various locations downtown for chocolate theme activities or specials. Participating merchants include: Boulevard Market, British Tea Garden, Grey Fox Floral, Pentamere Winery, Tecumseh American Legion, Tecumseh Coin, Tilton and Sons Shoes, Timeless Stitches, Yarn Basket and the Wild Iris.
Noon – 4 p.m. Tecumseh American Legion Auxiliary Bake Sale and FREE book give-away. Tecumseh American Legion, 101 W. Pottawatamie St.
• Noon – 4 p.m. Ice Hockey Interactive Activity, downtown
• Noon - 4 p.m. “Man Cave” at Evans Street Station,110 S. Evans Street
Wide Screen TV • Foosball • Air Hockey
• 1 p.m. - 3 p.m., Interactive Putt Putt Golf, downtown
Other Activities on Saturday & Sunday during the weekend:
Cold Hard Cash at Tecumseh Coin, 116 S. Evans St. Guess the dollar value of the coins frozen inside the sculpture and enter the prize drawing; Lost Art Demonstrations At the Rooftop Cafe at the British Tea Garden, 112 E. Chicago Blvd.