Liberal agenda aims to destroy Christian principles U.S. was founded on
To the Editor,
America was founded by Christian men like the famous politician, diplomat and orator Daniel Webster, who stated:
“Finally, let us not forget the religious character of our origin. Our fathers were brought hither by their high veneration for the Christian religion. They journeyed by its light and labored in its hope. They sought to incorporate its principles with the elements of their society and to diffuse its influence through all their institutions-civil, political or literary.”
Our Christian heritage is evident, but the liberals have an agenda to destroy those Christian principles upon which we were founded and built.
Consider the following:
1. The biblical family unit has eroded: Our past Presidents have revered God’s authority in that one man and one woman constitutes a marriage. Our current president has twisted the scripture, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you,” infers that God does not want us to oppose the homosexual agenda.
2. Our friendship with Israel has eroded: Our president is making strides to accommodate the Muslim world while continuing to snub our ally Israel and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
3. We are $16 trillion dollars in debt: This administration’s shameless spending is paving the way for a bleak world with debt so huge our children and grandchildren will never be able to repay.
4. We have an entitlement society: Our fathers and grandfathers built America with blood, sweat and tears. They didn’t want handouts, and they certainly would not cast their vote based on what they could get. Our current president advocates dependency on the government (taking from those who have earned it and giving to those who want it).
5. Our sense of decency has eroded: Since 1973, the abortion industry in the USA has murdered 55 million of the innocent unborn. President Obama not only supports abortion, but he voted to deny any protection for babies born after a failed abortion.
Again from Daniel Webster: “If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instruction and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity.”
God does honor His principles, and He can bless our nation… IF WE CHANGE.