Redskins earn third-straight soccer win against Onsted

CLINTON — Clinton’s varsity girls soccer team secured its third-straight win of the season over Onsted, beating the Wildcats 7-0 at home on Thursday, April 21. 
Scoring for the Redskins began three minutes into the game with Taylor Tschirhart going one-on-one with the Wildcats’ keeper and beating her out to place the ball in the bottom left corner.
Tschirhart recorded two more goals off assists from Alexia Rolland and Maria Kovach. Alexis Bailey netted her first goal of the season with an assist by Tschirhart to give the Redskins a 4-0 lead by the end of the first half.
Seven minutes into the second half, Rolland again served a ball into the box for Kovach and she sent it to the back of the net for a 5-0 Clinton lead. 
Twenty minutes later, Kovach returned the favor when she played a ball into the box for Rolland and she followed through with a quick tap-in past Onsted’s goalkeeper. 
With only eight minutes remaining in the match, Kovach streaked down the left side and beat her defender to put another cross shot into the box. Tschirhart found the ball with her head and earned her fourth goal of the evening. 
Collectively, the Redskins had 31 shots in the match between 10 different players. 
Laura Kersey was solid between the posts and earned her third shutout of the season for Clinton.
The Redskins beat Grass Lake 7-0 on Monday. 
Tschirhart started the scoring less than two minutes into the game with an assist by Rolland. 
Two minutes later, Tschirhart found the back of the net again after Bailey sent her the ball. 
Tschirhart and Alexis Bruecker also found the net to give the Redskins a 4-0 lead by the end of the first half.
Scoring in the second half began in the first five minutes as Kylee Doty found the back of the net off of a cross from Kovach. Nine minutes later, Doty sent a ball to Julia Szubielak who was able to put the ball past the keeper.
Clinton coach Christine Brown said that with approximately seven minutes remaining in the game, Amber Jablonski went down with an injury but her teammates continued to press on. Tschirhart found the net one last time off of a pass from Brianna McNatt for the final tally.


Tecumseh Herald


110 E. Logan St.
P.O. Box 218
Tecumseh, MI 49286

Email Us


Latest articles

Please Login for Premium Content